For all courses, the activities on this site are sorted into five broad categories.
- Introductory Activities – Activities that could be used to introduce a topic and that will hopefully engage students in that topic.
- Learning Activities – Activities designed to have the students learn a topic with the teacher acting more as a guide than a lecturer.
- Problem Solving Activities – Problems presented in compelling ways.
- Review Activities – Review activities assume that students already know something, and need to practice it a little. These activities help students review a topic in a more engaged way than practice tests or worksheets. Most are designed in some way to have students communicating with each other.
- Performance Assessments – Assessment tasks intended to be summative in nature that put the student in an authentic role and that are more open than traditional assessments.
This is not a tool for Multiple Choice assessments, worksheets or standard notes packages.
If you are looking for some variety, this is a great resource.
I (Josie) would be happy to come out and spend a morning going over these tools with you. Drop me an email at email@example.com